Fadiya Ahmed, senior project manager at Quantity Surveying & Project Management Consultancy Whitehead Allen, recently achieved the full PPQ qualification.
It took two years to complete the four modules required to achieve PPQ. When Fadiya started studying she saw several key benefits in gaining the PPQ:
- Demonstrating a commitment to her profession and continuing professional development
- Providing clients with confidence in her project management abilities
- Supporting a longer-term goal in gaining chartership.
How Provek PPQ specialist support helped
Fadiya chose Provek’s PPQ specialist programme to support her in completing the four modules and exams required. This comprehensive package of support includes:
- Personal one-to-one telephone briefings
- Candidate readiness assessment using PMA6
- Learning materials on The PM Channel
- Unique practice papers with tutor marked answers
- Provek guidance for the 5-page ‘open book’ notes
Fadiya advised that the video resources from The PM Channel were particularly helpful, providing interviews with industry experts on subjects that covered theory, lesson learned and best practice techniques, all of which helped to support her studies.
Following module familiarisation, Fadiya completed sample exams, which our PPQ specialist trainer (Greg Montgomery) would provide constructive feedback on, invaluable for Fadiya to understand how best to showcase her experience effectively.
Covering the core and specific competences project professionals require across all areas of the profession, the PPQ is the most comprehensive assessment of professional project management capability available.
Further information on who the PPQ is aimed at and the benefits that PPQ offers can be found on APM’s website here.