Provek is committed to driving out acts of modern-day slavery and human trafficking within its business and from within its supply chains, including sub-contractors, and partners.
The Company acknowledges upholds the spirit and intentions of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Provek will ensure transparency within the Company and suppliers of goods and the larger supply chain and services to the Company through steps which include:
- Assessing and reducing the risk in the business of modern slavery practices occurring
e.g. checking the authenticity of papers proving a right to work in the UK
- Having robust procurement policies that ensure our supply chain is scrutinised for compliance and consequences of non-compliance are clear and actioned i.e. that commercial relationships with suppliers, contractors and other business partners will not be entered into (or terminated if existing)
- Providing information to staff on the warning signs that might indicate that modern slavery is taking place
- Promoting to staff the importance of raising immediately any concerns they may have
- Protecting staff who are ‘whistle blowers’ in respect of concerns they have about modern slavery
This statement sets out Provek’s actions to understand all potential modern slavery risks related to its business and to put in place steps that are aimed at ensuring that there is no slavery or human trafficking in its own business and its supply chains.
The Company operates the following policies that describe its approach to the identification of modern slavery risks and steps to be taken to prevent slavery and human trafficking in its operations
- Whistleblowing policy – Provek encourages all its workers, customers and other business partners to report any concerns related to the direct activities, or the supply chains of, the Company. This includes any circumstances that may give rise to an enhanced risk of slavery or human trafficking. Provek’s whistleblowing policy is designed to make it easy for workers to make disclosures, without fear of retaliation. Please refer to this policy for further
- Employee code of conduct – Provek makes clear to employees the actions and behaviour expected of them when representing the Company. Provek strives to maintain the highest standards of employee conduct and ethical behaviour when delivering training and managing its supply
The Company undertakes due diligence when considering taking on new suppliers, and regularly reviews its existing suppliers.
This statement will be reviewed and updated annually if required.