Provek has partnered with rail training specialist Intertrain, to deliver APM PMQ, PFQ and PRINCE2® Skills Bootcamps as part of a UK Government initiative to provide employers with the opportunity to support individuals to retrain, update or formalise their skills or acquire specialist skills.
The National Skills Fund will:
- fund 70% of the cost of upskilling the existing workforce across the variety of sectors for large employers*
- fund 90% of the cost of upskilling existing workforce for SME employers*
*Definition to qualify as an SME: employs less than 250 employees and annual turnover is under €50 million.
This initiative runs from April 2023 to March 2024, where individuals can enrol on scheduled open bootcamps, or organisations can run their own closed bootcamps (subject to meeting minimum cohort numbers).
(For information on our PRINCE2® bootcamp click here)
APM PMQ Bootcamp
The Intertrain/Provek APM PMQ bootcamp runs over 8 weeks where delegates complete circa 84.5 hours of study and workshop attendance. Delegates will be supported to achieve the APM PMQ professional qualification.
The bootcamp compromises of:
Pre course study
- 35 hours of essential pre-course study, using Provek-provided resources.
Module 1 PMQ course
- First three of 5 days PMQ virtual tutor-led training.
Module 2 PMQ course
- Final two of 5 days PMQ virtual tutor-led training.
Module 3 applied learning
- Three days at an Intertrain site (London/Lichfield) with participants, working through real-to-life project scenarios in small teams and applying and practising their learning from the preceding training sessions.
- Review of (previously sat) mock exam results and final exam preparation.
- The 3-day workshop is facilitated by an expert project manager and will conclude with all participants reflecting on lessons learned from the course, with a view to application back in the workplace.
PMQ online exam
- The PMQ is a 3hr 15min online typed exam. The pass mark is 55%.
- Candidates are required to answer 10 out of 16 questions. Candidates who hold a valid PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification will sit the shorter 2hr 10min PMQ exam, and are required to answer 6 out of 10 questions.
- Structure of organisations and projects
- Project lifecycles
- Contexts and environments in which projects can be delivered
- Governance of project management and the use of structured methodologies
- Communication within project management
- The principles of leadership and teamwork
- Planning for success
- Project scope management
- Schedule and resource management
- Project procurement
- Project risk management and issue management
- Project quality management
- PMQ examination requirements and preparation tips and guidance.