MSP principles, themes and processes
MSP consists of a set of principles, themes, and processes that provide a clear roadmap for the programme lifecycle, including larger, more strategic, complex, or multiple projects.
- The principles represent the characteristics of a successful programme.
- The governance themes allow organisations to put the right leadership, organisational structures, and controls in place.
- The processes provide a route through the lifecycle of a programme to deliver the new capability and desired outcomes.
MSP delivery outcomes
MSP focuses on the delivery of outcomes of benefit, while mitigating risk and actively engaging stakeholders to:
- Address the most common challenges that organisations encounter when leading investments in change
- Align programmes and projects with organisational strategy
- Cover key principles, governance themes and the processes needed to deliver change
- Focus on the outcomes of benefits, whilst mitigating risks and actively engaging stakeholders.
The MSP Foundation Examination is intended to assess whether the candidate can demonstrate sufficient recall and understanding of the MSP programme management framework.
The MSP Practitioner Examination assesses the ability to apply understanding of the MSP programme management framework in context.
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.