This half-day course is an introduction to planning and estimating a project.
The course is based on established project management principles which can be applied in any project environment.
The overall objective of this course is to provide delegates with a series of practical steps and associated tools that support effective planning and estimating within a project. Subjects covered include:
- Planning and estimating in context
- Integration of planning for time, cost, scope and resource
- Planning steps
- The project definition document
- The importance of the project manager ‘owning’ the plan
- Challenging contractor’s plans – questions to ask
- The use of baselines
- Building the schedule from the scope
- Scheduling techniques
- Estimating principles and techniques
- Estimating and the budget
- Humans factors and bias that affect estimates
Each candidate will be provided with a handbook containing the slides, workshop exercises, a recommended reading list on the subject, other courses and qualifications available as well as free access to selected videos on our unique PM Channel.