This half-day course is an introduction to effectively managing risks in a project environment.
The course is based on established project management principles which can be applied in any project environment.
The overall objective of this course is to provide delegates with a series of practical steps and associated tools that support effective risk management within a project. Subjects covered include:
- The reason why managing risk matters
- The organisational context and governance of risk
- The relationship between project, programme, portfolio and enterprise risk
- Risk terminology
- Risk identification techniques
- The risk register
- Risk analysis methods and metrics
- Risk response types
- Risk related responsibilities
- The relationship between and risk and types of contract
Each candidate will be provided with a handbook containing the slides, workshop exercises, a recommended reading list on the subject, other courses and qualifications available as well as free access to selected videos on our unique PM Channel.