PM framework and bespoke training
Triumph drew on Provek’s extensive project management experience in a highly consultative engagement to develop the Triumph Project Management Framework (TPMF) and to roll-out and support its adoption by sponsors, project managers and project teams.
There was a requirement for multi-level project management training tailored and targeted to Triumph but based on best-practice. This was to support a need for increased project management capabilities and skills within Triumph and part of an overall business transformation programme. In support of this, there was also a need for specialist support in establishing an appropriate level of project management processes and governance.
A two-stage solution was implemented.
In the first stage, initial understand and plan activities including
- Sponsor workshop
- One-to-one stakeholder meetings
- PMA online project management assessments
- A review of existing process documentation
This enabled recommendations to be identified and a road map for Triumph PM capability development created. Further elements included develop the project management process and governance which was encapsulated within a Triumph Project Management Framework document.
Stage 2 comprised of
- Creation and delivery of a bespoke four-day training for core project managers
- Creation and delivery a one-day training course for the wider project teams
Support was also given to reviewing key documents produced by project sponsors and project managers in delivering their projects using the TPMF.
Additional focus in TPMF training has also been placed on the importance of the right behaviours displayed by senior managers and project managers, alongside deployment of the processes, in order to maximise and sustain the benefits from this project.
Key benefits that Triumph gained from undertaking this project included
- New projects have robust processes and governance around them.
- Project managers have improved project management skills.
- Recogntion by Senior management of the importance of their roles in supporting and promoting the benefits of TPMF.