What was the motivation behind putting yourself up for this award?
Proteus is a multi-award winning consultancy, with a reputation for supporting client organisations over the last 20 years to successfully deliver their largest and most business-critical change programmes and grow their internal change capability. We are recognised in the market as having a differentiated model, which is driven by what’s right for each client and underpinned by a unique and innovative digital and data driven approach.
Our digital platform, the Change Learning Hub, codifies and shares our experience and proprietary approaches through a mix of different AI tools, techniques and know-how. The Change Learning Hub has been externally recognised by every award category it has entered, including Digital Learning, Best Software as a Service and Disruptive Business Model. We were keen to enter this award, as receiving the APMs external acclaim in the ‘Innovation in Projects’ category will further endorse the innovative approaches successfully being used with our clients to help build their internal capability and, we believe, progress the project profession overall.
The project you have entered
Proteus was engaged to deliver an improvement plan for a large Financial Services change function of c.250 people. The client’s objective was to be more effective and efficient in delivering an increasingly complex, strategically important change portfolio. To achieve this, we used our innovative digital Change Learning Hub together with our predictive analytics and benchmark data to demonstrably improve:
- Understanding across the change function of ‘what good looks like’.
- Sponsor confidence in setting up projects for success.
- Change performance, through an appropriate series of timely data driven capability interventions.
- The credibility and confidence of the Change Community Practice.
The successful outcomes of the project
Results of our project comfortably exceeded client expectations.
‘What you have put in place is not just good, it is phenomenal. I have never seen a better set of supporting structures and content for Change Capability Development in my 25-year career’, Client Director feedback on the impact and results achieved including:
- Over 500 project Health Checks completed across the portfolio. With savings of £30k-£50k each time a project completes its own ‘health review’, versus seeking external consultancy, this represents £multi-million savings for the client.
- A 10% increase over three months in the ratio of permanent to temporary employees, delivering efficiencies for the programme as well as longer term self-sufficiency.
- Demonstrable improvements in the organisation dialogue, interaction, focus, confidence and teamwork.
- A Change Community of Practice created and launched.
- Demonstrable growth in the clients’ own change capability, with improvements tracked and charted on a new Capability Development Framework.
- Improved clarity of what good looks like to help individuals go faster and benefit from Proteus’ experience, so they don’t have to learn it themselves.
- Sponsor inductions and coaching support in place for 60 senior business/functional leaders.
The innovative approaches used
To achieve the results outlined above, create an immediate and positive impact and establish a fundamental shift in the client’s change capability profile, we leveraged the following approaches to innovatively flip the conventional approach to learning on its head:
- Used our innovative AI tools, predictive analytics and benchmarking data, to rapidly assess the overall change capability and the health of initiatives, to identify improvement opportunities and prescribe actions to maximise the chances of success.
- Actively executed our innovative data driven approach and targeted capability interventions to achieve the holy grail of delivering a step change in performance and achieve rapid efficiency gains, whilst enabling greater teamworking, interaction and success.
- Embedded our unique digital Change Learning Hub so that the client’s own people were equipped with, and could access, our proven and practical proprietary approaches on an ongoing basis to build sustainable self-sufficiency and minimise costs.