APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) – formerly known as APMP, is a comprehensive course based on the Association for Project Management’s Body of Knowledge 7th edition and covers the syllabus for the PMQ examination.
It is designed to improve the skills of project management staff to enable them, through good project management practice, to make sound business decisions and thereby manage their projects to a successful conclusion. The three-hour written examination will provide the delegate with an internationally recognised qualification.
The course builds on existing knowledge and experience and attendees will learn how to better plan, control and monitor their projects including risk and financial analysis together with reporting on progress. Interpersonal skills such as negotiation techniques and managing stakeholders are also covered. The course uses exercises to reinforce the learning.
The course consists of four days training and half day exam preparation on the Friday morning.
Before you enrol
It is essential that you do not underestimate the difficulty of the PMQ course and exam. Provek is an ethical training provider and we are committed to ensuring every one of our delegates has an exceptional learning experience with us. Before you enrol on to the PMQ course can you answer ‘yes’ to the following checklist of suitability questions:
- Are you actively involved in project management? It is essential that you can draw on your experience of project delivery as you go through the course.
- Do you have a minimum of 2 years actual experience across a breadth of project management areas and functions?
- Are you a competent typist? The exam is 3hrs 15 mins and requires good typing skills to answer 10 out of 16 questions in the allotted time.
- Are you able to complete 35 hours pre course study? You will be provided with 35 hours of pre course study which is essential to complete ahead of the training.
- Have you taken our PMALite skills assessment? The PMALite is an online tool that assesses your current level of knowledge and experience and will validate the most appropriate PM qualifications for you. When you enrol we will request that you undertake our PMA assessment in order to assess readiness and suitability for the PMQ course and exam. You can take this prior to enrolling by accessing the PMALite tool here, and selecting the red button to start the assessment. Once you submit your answers you will receive a personal report which confirms your suitability for PMQ.
If you have any questions regarding your suitability for the PMQ please email email@example.com. We will be very happy to provide impartial advice and guidance.